Free text search
Table of Content
- Where search is performed
- How to search
- How free text search hits are displayed
- Free text search reset
Where search is performed
The free text search of the Data Explorer looks for a specific language in the following pieces of information:
- ID and localised name of the dataflow
- IDs and localised names of the dimensions (concepts)
- Localised description of the dataflow
- ID and localised name of the categories (and their parent categories) in which the dataflow is categorised
- IDs and localised names of the codes used as dimension values
- Agency ID of the dataflow
- Version number of the dataflow
The relevance score depends on where the search term was found, which can be customised as documented here.
How to search
Exact single match word or multiword
Return all dataflows that have the exact match single word of one of the search words in the indexed information. The usage of search hints like
- are not required but allowed. The terms
euro AND dollar AND "exchange rate" and
euro dollar "exchange rate" are syntactically the same and bring the same results.
Return all dataflows that have the exact match phrase in the indexed information. Exact phrases are entered by using quotes, e.g.
Partial match of a word
Apply the same rules as for exact single match word or multiword for partial matching of words, e.g.
key is found in
It is not used for exact phrases.
See reference here.
How free text search hits are displayed
For each search result (dataflow), search hits found are displayed highlighted within its context, meaning that according text before and after the found text is also to be displayed.
Found in ID and localised name of a dataflow
Found in ID and localised name of the categories (and their parent categories) in which the dataflow is categorised
Found in the localised description of the dataflow
Found in IDs and localised names of the concepts used as dimensions, as well as the dimension IDs
Found in IDs and localised names of the codes used as dimension values
Free text search reset
Since October 5, 2021 Release .Stat Suite JS 10.0.0, performing a free text search from the search result page after a filter selection will reset the entire search request.
- From the DE homepage, I browse by topic ‘Health’
- It displays the related search results
- From the search results page, I free text search for ‘Industry’
- The previous ‘Health’ selected facet is reset, and it displays the results according to the ‘Industry’ text search only.