When the user clicks on the dataflow name (link) in the search results then the what-is-called Data Explorer visualisation page is displayed. It currently initially shows a data preview table. Using the toolbar, the user can switch to show a data chart instead, and vice-versa.
The visualisation page can also be accessed through a direct link because the most important page configuration options are part of the URL, which can thus be bookmarked. The configurations included in the URL are:
- data space ID
- dataflow identification
- display type: table or chart type
- current data selection
- current language selection
- curent setting for application of actual content constraints
- current filter focus
The URL configurations do not yet include:
- current name customisation
- current layout customisation
- current chart customisation
- current full-screen customisation
Note that these URL options allow using the web browser’s
Going Back option to roll back to the corresponding previous state and user selections.
The visualisation page is composed of:
- the common Data Explorer application Header and Footer
- a Back to the search results breadcrumb link on the top left side
- a Filters area on the left side that allows changing the data selection
- a Toolbar on the top right side that allows switching the view type, customising the view and executing actions
- a Data View area on the central right side for preview-table and chart representations
The linked sections describe in more detail the behaviors and functionalities of these components.
Note that the
Back to the search results option is only available when the user is coming from a previous search result (see this section of the documentation), and clicking on it brings the user back to any previous state of the search results.
Back to the search results is not visible when opening a data preview from a shared URL, because in this case there will be no historical search results to go back to.