Introduced in April 11, 2022 Release .Stat Suite JS 14.0.0
Table of content
Role of the overview
The overview tab of the visualisaiton page provides a summary of complementary information for the data provided in table and chart views. By default, it is the landing view of the visualisation page, unless:
- a different default behaviour has been defined in the DE configuration, see here
- or a different
vwparameter is used in a direct visualisation URL.
The overview provides the following localised pieces of information related to a given dataflow, which should be independent from the current data selection:
- the dataflow name
- the dataflow description
- the list of single-fixed dimension names with the associated value (in the same order as defined in the SDMX data structure definition)
- the list of other dimension names without listing the dimension value (in the same order as defined in the SDMX data structure definition)
- the list of names of attributes defined at the dataflow level with the associated value (in the same order as defined in the SDMX data structure definition)
- when a listed dimension or attribute has a description, then the corresponding text is displayed in a bubble tooltip.
- the list of categories in which the dataflow is categorised and which are configured as homepage facet with the associated category names and its (optional) parent hierarchy, e.g. ‘Topic: Industry > Tourism’
- the data source information (if configured as homepage facet), e.g. ‘Data source: UNSD-Hub’
- The total number of available data points (obtained from the Actual or Available content constraints)
- The last updated date (obtained from the Actual content constraint validity dates)
- the related files with a list of hyperlinks to (optional) external resources (as listed in the dataflow’s EXTERNAL_RESOURCE annotations) and similar to the ‘download’ option.
When displaying the overview tab:
- Making a change in a filter does not have any effect on the Overview tab or its content;
- The ‘Labels’ option is appropriately applied to the information in the overview, depending on the type of information to return: names, identifiers, or both;
- ‘Customise’ and ‘Share’ options are hidden.