Copy data structures
Table of Content
The user can transfer (make a copy of) a given data structure artefact from one source (dataspace or external source) to another (except external source), by using the ‘Transfer’ icon (double arrows) .
The combination of the data structure artefact type and its triple identifier (ID, Agency ID and Version) must be unique within a dataspace. If there already exists a data structure artefact with the same combination, then the transfer (copy) will fail.
Transfer artefact menu
- When the user selects Transfer artefact in the hambuger menu associated to a specific data structure artefact, he is given the choice between two options:
- Make a copy of only the selected artefact (without referenced structures)
- Make a copy of the selected data structure artefact AND all its associated referenced data structures (with referenced structures)
Once the option with or without referenced structures is selected, a second sub-menu (as shown above) will request the user to choose for a destination space to copy the data structure artefact.
Note that the copy can only be performed in a different dataspace (the source space is only displayed in this feature as a reminder of the source).
After having selected the destination space, the copy is launched.
Transfer process and notifications
- When the copy of the data structure artefact is performing, a spinner with a copied artefact icon followed by the
Updatingmessage will appear on the screen.
- Once the transfer process is complete,for successful transfer, two visual notifications are displayed:
- The ‘Transfer’ icon in green color is displayed next to the hambuger menu related to the source data structure artefact;
- The new copy of the data structure artefact is also displayed below the source data structure artefact in the list; the ‘copied artefact’ icon is displayed next to the hamburger menu.
If the transfer process ends with warning or unsuccessful, then the ‘Transfer’ icon is displayed:
- Orange for warnings,
- Red for unsuccessful transfer.
- A mouse over on the colored ‘Transfer’ icon will provide details over the outcome of the transfer action(s):
- with referenced structures and a successful copy
- without referenced structures and a successful copy
- transfer with already existing destination artefact, thus unsuccessful copy
- transfer with some already existing destination artefacts, thus warning notification mentioningthat some artefacts were created while some were already available.