Data validation options
When uploading data using the “Upload data & referential metadata” features in the DLM, advanced upload options allow the user choosing the validation process type. The user has three options:
a) Favour speed with basic validations: basic validations are performed upon data upload for SDMX compliance, allowed/complete dimensions values, or representation requirements. It provides simplified error explanations.
b) Apply advanced validations: advanced validations are performed upon data upload for duplicated coordinates, consistent non-observational values, or mandatory attribute values. It provides detailed error explanations.
c) Only run advanced validations without changing data: this option will only perform an “analysis” of the data compliancy without updating the target dataspace, and a report by email will be sent with the results.
The default selection, whether basic or advanced validations option, is configurable by DLM instance: see how to here.
In summary, basic validation allows to:
- report multiple values for group and series attributes;
- report null values to mandatory attributes;
- when there are duplicates in the import, a single error message (about duplicates) will be included in the report. Full validation allows to:
- validate that the outcome of an import will result in consistency of values for group and series attributes;
- validate that the outcome of an import will result in all mandatory attributes to have a value;
- when there are duplicates in the import, every duplicate issue will be included in the report.
The full details of the validation process methods can be found here. The documentation is also accessible from the DLM UI question mark icon.