Table of Content
Categorise a data view
Released in April 1, 2021 Release .Stat Suite JS 7.2.0
When using the option “Categorise structure”, DLM users can categorise a dataflow in one or several of the categories in any of the available SDMX CategorySchemes of a dedicated data space. Users can thus avoid manually creating and uploading SDMX Categorisation artefacts in .xml files.
Categorising dataflows is required for their index in the Data Explorer search (see related functional specifications of What is indexed in .Stat DE).
- A menu option to “Categorise structure” is available in the contextual menu of dataflows (as well as in the multi-selection menu for dataflows) for an internal data space.
- Clicking on the option opens a popup window that lists all the SDMX CategorySchemes and corresponding category-trees of the related data space (similarly to the content of the “Filter by category” selector).
- The user can select one or several of the categories in any CategoryScheme, and then click on “Categorise”.
This action will immediately generate the corresponding SDMX categorisation(s). The success or failure of the category creation is indicated with the appropriate icon next to the dataflow’s contextual menu.
In addition, the newly categorisation(s) is/are displayed in the detailed information of the corresponding dataflow:
When listing the related structures of a dataflow from the left menu option, the Categorisation(s) is/are also listed as child(ren) of the dataflow:
The SDMX Categorisation is created on the following naming convention:
- Source id="[%DF_ID]"
- Source version="[%DF_VERSION]"
- Source agencyID="[%DF_AGENCY]"
- Target id="[@CAT_ID]"
- Target maintainableParentID="[@CS_ID]"
- Target maintainableParentVersion="[@CS_VERSION]"
- Target agencyID="[@CS_AGENCY]"
- [%DF_ID]: ID of dataflow
- [%DF_AGENCY]: Agency of dataflow
- [@DF_AGENCY_ALTER]: same as [@DF_AGENCY] with dots ‘.’ replaced by underscore ‘_’
- [%DF_VERSION]: Version of dataflow
- [@DF_VERSION_ALTER]: same as [@DF_VERSION] with dots ‘.’ replaced by underscore ‘_’
- [%DF_NAME_XX]: Name of dataflow in language XX
- [@CAT_ID]: ID of category (tree)
- [@CAT_ID_ALTER]: same as [@CAT_ID] with dots ‘.’ replaced by underscore ‘_’
- [@CS_ID]: ID of CategoryScheme
- [@CS_AGENCY]: Agency of CategoryScheme
- [@CS_AGENCY_ALTER]: same as [@CS_AGENCY] with dots ‘.’ replaced by underscore ‘_’
- [@CS_VERSION]: Agency of CategyScheme
- [@CS_VERSION_ALTER]: same as [@CS_VERSION] with dots ‘.’ replaced by underscore ‘_’
Note: If the selected category is a child category, then the IDs of all parent categories involved in the branch are concatenated using ‘.’, e.g. if the category with ID “THIRD” in the following category-tree was selected, then [@CAT_ID] would stand for “TOP.SECOND.THIRD”: