Upload data or referential metadata
Data or referential metadata can be uploaded using the main menu function “upload data”.
The upload supports the following file formats:
- SDMX data for observation and attribute values only
- Excel data together with an “Excel data definition (EDD)” xml file that defines how to read the data from the Excel file
- SDMX metadata for referential metadata attribute values only
When data are uploaded, then the .Stat Core system automatically (re-)generates Actual Content Constraints for all dataflows impacted by the upload.
- The IDs of auto-generated Actual Content Constraints are prefixed by “
CR_A_” or “
CR_B_”, e.g. “
CR_A_DATAFLOWID” and “
- The names of auto-generated Actual Content Constraints are construced using “
Availability (A) for” or “
Availability (B) for” and the name of the dataflow, e.g. “
Availability (A) for Dataflow name” and “
Availability (B) for Dataflow name”
- Behind the scenes, the Actual Content Constraints are linked to their related fact table version (A or B) they relate to.
- The user (and client applications) will know which Actual Content Constraint is currently valid through the (automatically updated) validity dates of the actual content constraints. Clients can thus ignore the “A/B” info, and instead fully rely on the validity dates to decide which one is the currently valid actual content constraint.
- For Point-in-Time (PIT) releases, the following rules apply to the validity dates of the Actual Content Constraints:
- When there is not a PIT version: There will be only one actual content constraint, for the currently active version, with no start date and no end date
- When there is a PIT version with PIT date: The actual content constraint for the pre-PIT version will have no start date and (1 second before) the PIT date as end date, the actual content constraint for the PIT version will have the PIT date as start date and no end date
- When there is a PIT version without user PIT date: The actual content constraint for the pre-PIT version will have no start date and no end date, the actual content constraint for the PIT version will have the max value in C# and MS SQL/Oracle/MySQL db servers (9999-12-31 23:59:59) as start date and no end date.